Suppose 2022 is the year you finally take that dream trip to visit Mauritius. In that case, this list of the five best Mauritius activities will help you plan.
Some travelers will prefer to explore the Mauritius attractions on their own. Others prefer or take one of the scheduled Mauritius tours. Either way, you are sure to find something here to fit your preferences.
Catch An Exciting Zipline Adrenaline Rush!
Adventure lovers will want to check out the numerous zip lines throughout Mauritius and the surrounding islands.
- The Adventure Park on Ile aux Cerfs provides a treetop adventure with zip lines for kids (over age 4) and adults.
- La Vallee des Couleurs Nature Park on Mauritius Island offers five different zipline packages. The Initiator for beginners; a zipline over the waterfalls; their Signature zipline, the longest in Mauritius (1.5km); their Discovery tour with seven zip lines; and La Vallee Extreme, a zipline combo.
- Tyrodrig on Rodrigues island: Zip across a canyon, on the highest zipline in the Indian Ocean.
- Lavilleon Adventure zipline, on Mauritius. This zipline is 260 meters long and 85 meters above a canyon. The drive to Lavilleon is about an hour and 15 minutes from Port Louis.
Have An Experience With The Dolphins In Tamarin Bay
Swimming with the dolphins makes everyone’s top list of Mauritius activities. However, it deserves a separate post on its own.
While other places offer an opportunity to stand in shallow water and watch the dolphins, Mauritius tours take this activity to a much higher level.
Boats take guests out to Tamarin Bay, where pods of dolphins hang out each day, relaxing before they head back out to the deep water. Once the pod is spotted, you’ll be able to hop off the boat to swim and interact with the dolphins.
Explore The Ile Aux Cerfs With A Catamaran Cruise – One Of The Greatest Mauritius Activities
Topping many lists for the most popular Mauritius tours in 2022 is an all-inclusive catamaran cruise from Mauritius island out to Ile aux Cerfs.
Explore Ile aux Cerfs on our full-day catamaran cruise on a shared basis, based in the South East Coast at Pointe Jerome. Our catamaran will start the day by taking you to a lovely spot for swimming in the beautiful calm water, snorkeling with colorful reef fish, or relaxing onboard.
Our professional crew members will serve a delicious BBQ lunch onboard the catamaran. Then, we will make our way to the famous Ile aux Cerfs to enjoy the spectacular beaches, go for a walk, or sit back and relax before setting sail.
Our full-day cruise packages include snacks, BBQ buffet lunch, and drinks, as well as some time on the famous Isle aux Cerfs.
Support The Local Economy At The Central Market
Come in from the beach, head to the Central Market, and take some time to meet the local people of Mauritius. They are some of the warmest, friendliest people you will ever meet.
This traditional, open-air market is a colorful place where the locals shop for food, clothing, and various household items. Its located in Port Louis and is open Monday – Saturday from 5:00 am to 4:30 pm, and Sundays from 5:00 to 11:30 am.
Some of the products you can expect to find there are:
- Fruits and vegetables
- Locally made crafts
- Local foods at the food stalls.
The best section, by far, is the first floor, where the bustling craft market is, with its vast selection of handmade souvenirs!
If you like trying new foods, you may also want to take one of the fun Mauritius tours of street foods.
Explore The Flora And Fauna Of Mauritius Island At A National Park Or Nature Reserve
Let’s suppose you’re not the type who can relax on the beach for hours and prefer to get out and explore with more adventurous activities. In that case, Mauritius has much to offer.
Get back to nature and learn about the plants and animals that are endemic to the area. While some parks provide trails for hikers, others will limit visitors to the area surrounding the visitor center to protect the wildlife.
Here are some of the beautiful national parks and sanctuaries to check out when you visit Mauritius:
- Bras d’Eau National Park – 89 hectares (220 acres). Walking trails are labeled, and a picnic site is available with wooden tables.
- Black River Gorges National Park – Over 60 kilometers (37 miles) of hiking trails and two visitor centers here. The park provides protection for most of the island’s remaining rainforest.
- Rivulet Terre Rouge Estuary Bird Sanctuary – Just 10 minutes north of Port Louis, Rivulet Terre provides a sanctuary for migrating birds. Open Monday – Friday year-round and plus weekends during the migratory season, October – April.
- Vallee d’Osterlog – The hiking trail leads you through this botanical garden. Markers are placed to identify the endemic species.
- Ebony Forest – Located an hour and 15 minutes south of Port Louis, Ebony Forest has activities for the whole family. Hike, take a jeep tour or go on a guided nature trek. You can even plant a tree in honor of a loved one.
Go online, or call today and let us plan Mauritius activities that are just right for you!